Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Pillows for Pigs

I've been practicing with my sewing machine. It's not as easy as it looks. Before you can sew a three-dimensional lobster cozy, you need to sew straight and clean. Behold:

Instead of veering wildly, my straight stich is finally in line! If you don't share my excitement, stop reading right now; it's not going to get more interesting for you.
Excited by my newly acquired skills, I cobbled together this small, small pillow:

This pig was kind enough to model my creation. He was tired out anyway from running away from a plastic wolf, so it was a win-win situation all around. Note the way I tucked in the edges after stuffing said pillow:

If you have a cat, he might use this pillow to rest his chin on after a night of feline wilding. For an extra frisson, lace the stuffing with dried catnip.

No comments:

Post a Comment